Bunny Breed I.D. Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnyshowgirl

Reaction score
So I got this large doe from a friend who's moving and I'll be showing her alongside my Californians soon. One problem, I have no idea what breed she is! I'm usually pretty good with bunny breed I.D. but this one's tricky. I considered a regular New Zealand black, but I've NEVER seen a New Zealand black with the white flecking/roaning on its body. Anything helps, thanks!

image.jpg

Why don't you try the bunnyg id here and FOR SURE cut those nails they're wayy to long! Also.add a fleece rather than a wire floor *you wouldnt want to walk on a wire floor neither does she!*

She looks like a black Silver Fox to me. Her nails look EXTREMELY overgrown, so I would clip them as soon as possible to avoid injury.

Haha yeah, I clipped her nails yesterday right after I got her. And also for whoever said to change her flooring, this is my bunny quarantine pen that I keep them in temporarily till I can make sure they don't have ear mites or diseases or anything. And I tried the bunny I.D. Thing but I couldn't find any conclusive results for her, but I did consider a silver fox.

Her color is a gold tipped steel and is a color that some people have gotten when crossing new Zealand whites. If it is a NZ then it is not a showable color

Most likely not a silver fox as they are very rare if you do not have a breeder in your area.

Silver fox have even silvering in their hair which means silver tipping or white hairs dispersed all over. You rabbit if it is a gold tipped steel should have gold ticking instead

Latest posts

Back