Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpayne70

Reaction score
Ok so I caught a baby bunny and have it with some other baby Californian rabbits if I raise it up do you think I could breed it with some others

Is this rabbit wild? If so, I HIGHLY advise you to return it to where you found it, as they are wild animals and do not belong in captivity, especially when taken from a perfectly safe and natural situation. Additionally, cottontails and European rabbits are different species and cannot breed. Moreover, wild rabbits can carry many parasites and diseases that could harm or kill your domestics. If the rabbit is domestic, don't release it, but I still wouldn't house it with your current rabbits for fear of disease.

Why would you keep a rabbit that you caught regardless if it's a hare or a loose domesticated rabbit with your own rabbits without quarantine. You could have just put all of your rabbits in danger especially with all these myxomatosis outbreaks!

Latest posts

Back