Meet Storm, and a poopy question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocoa

Cocoa's Mamma
Reaction score
Storm was born on May 1st. He's so cute and has a great personality. We just got him on Saturday morning.

Unlike our other Netherland Dwarf, he poops incessantly. And not like 200 poops a day either. I mean... like 1 poop per minute. If you pick him up, they are literally falling out of him. I always have to keep a towel under him when I hold him because he drops so many.

When sitting by his cage, you can hear them dropping every 45 seconds to 1 minute.

Since it is a sign of a healthy rabbit, I'm not overly concerned. BUT am wondering if I should no longer use the feed that came with him and transition him sooner to what we use for our other bunny?

He is eating Alfalfa hay and drinks water like nobody's business.

Isn't he cute though!!!!

storm.jpg

storm 2.jpg

He is adorable and so teeny tiny!!! Congrats on becoming a bunny mummy 😊🐰

Can you post a photo of the food you were given when you got him please?? So everyone can see what his diet is. Is he eating a good type of hay as well??

I don't think a photo would help. It's just feed in a ziplock bag, I have no idea of brand. It's just what the previous owner gave me when we bought him. He also eats Alfalfa.

Don't know who does the counting but read somewhere that a healthy bunny goes 500 times a day on average. Since he's young and probably eating commensurate with his growth cycle he could be producing even more "product". They are all very prolific!

Like Larry mentioned, the poop issue is likely due to the fact that he is a growing rabbit, and therefore eats more and will poop more. Plus he will be marking his new territory with his poop, so will want to pretty much leave it everywhere he hops. Also he's a baby, and this usually means they don't care as much where they poop.

Latest posts

Back