Bonding/housing 4-5 rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterdance

Reaction score
I currently have a male/female neutered/spayed pair. My brother is trying to rehome his neutered male and his spayed female and they are staying separately from mine in my home. And a friend of mine is trying to rehome her unspayed female, who is my males sister.
My parents are currently discussing whether or not I will be able to take in the three others permanently. Originally they said no, but after having my brothers at our home they've grown attached.

-If they say yes I would like to know if this is at all possible?

The unspayed female would be fixed before she entered the equation.

-Also, if anyone knows any tips or tricks, and how large of a habitat they would require that would be wonderful.

They are caged when I'm sleeping or not at home, but get at least 6+ hours out of the cage per day. The current cage is 4 feet by 8 feet for my mini and holland. I do have room for larger though.
Thanks for any help! I know many people have larger groups, just not sure how easy it is to bond, and if/how it typically works.

It is possible, I've read about it on a UK based rabbit forum.
Is there any way you could take them to a bonding service near you? I'd imagine that might help!
It takes large amounts of patience but beyond that I have no pointers!
Good luck!

A good resource would be thebunnychick.com...she had seven buns bonded at one time and documented her bonding process, she also does Skype bonding sessions for a fee where y'all Skype and figure out how to get the buns to bond 😊

It really all is determined by the rabbits and what their personalities are. It can be as easy as putting them together and they instantly like each other, or it could be very difficult and require weeks to months. Then it's possible that it may not work out at all, and there is always the possibility that it can affect your currently bonded pair. There's really no way of knowing until you try

I have a bonded group of 6, a mom, her babies, and a half sister. Their bonding was fairly simple and without too much difficulty. But I also have a pair and two singles that I wanted to bond into a quad, which hasn't worked out yet. The two singles just won't get along after months of trying different things. I still have hope that I may find a way to get it to work though.

Here's the link for the site posted above.
http://www.thebunnychick.com/2013/0...rs-guide-rabbit-bonding-everything-need-know/

I have had 5 bunnies bonded together and they were all happy in a really really large walk in hutch. They all got along really well. The only thing was that when one of the older bunnies passed away they all got scared and anxious which is the only issue I have ever had. After about 5 months they started to get better and now trust me again :)

Thanks guys!
The website you both mentioned was incredibly helpful!

Sorry for the double post- but MC, any idea what the square footage was?

Latest posts

Back