Matted fur help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlazeBunnies

Reaction score
One of my de sexed bucks marble has matted fur. He does not like to be brushed and bites and hurts me I don't want to hurt him. He is a American fuzzy lop and is due to get his hair cut next month. I keep trying to brush it out but it's too hard... Any ideas on how to get him to keep still while I am brushing or how to get matted parts out? Thanks :)

You could do a partial bunny burrito (wrapping him partially in a towel) to keep him contained. Wrap up his front paws and around his head so he can't turn and bite you and brush his back half. I'm not sure what to suggest for brushing out his front half.

It's his front half that is matted... I use the bunny burrito for his back half and that's fine but it's around his neck and shoulders :(

And have them wear gloves! Then everyone needs to take some calming breaths and not be nervous or anxious. Buns pick up on that sort of thing and feed off of it so go in confident!
I found that humming while I had to do unpleasant things with my bun made both he and I relax. You could also take him somewhere unfamiliar to him but still safe(a room he isn't usually in, the car etc) so then you're not in his space so as not to leave bad memories and making that space feel unhappy for him, and because sometimes a location change makes them uneasy enough that they want you to protect them and they act more subdued.

Thanks I will try all your ideas, if I can't I'll just have to go to the people who cut his fuzz off and ask if they can un Matt is :(

Latest posts

Back