Flemish Giant ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbunny7

Reaction score
I am new to rabbitry, and have 5 Flemish Giants 7 weeks old. They will be show rabbits. Their rabbit shed gets as warm as 85 degree. I have noticed some of their ears have started folding over. I brought a few in to see if that would stop the folding, they started folding over week ago. Does anyone know if this is now permanent are will they straighten back out, now that I have them in a much cooler environment?

I've never heard of ear folding in a cool or hot environment so I would say thats permanent..But maybe I'm wrong so we'll see what other people say incase I'm wrong! :)

Are they related? If they are it could be a genetic fault. I've never heard of folding of the wars in hot or cold environments. Oh when you say fold do you mean the top of the ear is folding down or the whole is is coming down. If the whole is is coming down it could be a cross with a lop rabbit. Can you take a pic?

High temps can cause a rabbits ears to droop due to the increased blood flow in the ears that is trying to help cool the rabbits body temperature. It can also be a genetic trait as well as a sign of ear infection or mites.

Latest posts

Back