Tumors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krashkource

Reaction score
I recently took my Bunny a Holland Lop to the Vet recently after finding a lump on his backside. Turns out to be a fairly aggressive form of cancer that has already infiltrated his lymph nodes and is spreading further each day. I don't want to subjugate him to more surgery since there are about 5 identified tumors already in various places.

Today I noticed him breathing a bit harder than normal and using his gut or at least what appears to be his gut and I am afraid the disease has spread to his lungs. Aside from x-rays is there any other way to determine if he is in distress from breathing?

I recently took my Bunny a Holland Lop to the Vet recently after finding a lump on his backside. Turns out to be a fairly aggressive form of cancer that has already infiltrated his lymph nodes and is spreading further each day. I don't want to subjugate him to more surgery since there are about 5 identified tumors already in various places.

Today I noticed him breathing a bit harder than normal and using his gut or at least what appears to be his gut and I am afraid the disease has spread to his lungs. Aside from x-rays is there any other way to determine if he is in distress from breathing?
----the lump on her back--is visible and has been biopsied as a cancer..??--my Havana-(who-dun-it)-had a visible facial lump-which I treated with antibiotic called chloramphenicol,and for pain I gave meloxicam--after6-7 weeks it was all cleared up--this was not biopsied or diagnosed by anyone other than me,--so i am passing on this info as hope to help..!!--using a stethoscope you can monitor heart/lungs/breathing--are you giving anything for pain,,--rabbits are stress animals which creates a domino effect of illnesses..using a digital scale you can monitor weight (KG)--watch behavior as you may need to hand feed and always give probiotics with any antibiotics..this is a 24/7 program and requires dedication...--sincerely james waller :big kiss::innocent:brownbunny

Sadly, the tumor was diagnosed as a fairly aggressive cancer that has already infiltrated his liver and lungs. I am keeping him calm and basically have him on hospice care till Friday when I will have to euthanize him.

Hes been a great friend, maybe not the most interested in what I am doing but he did put up with me for 7 years.

Sadly, the tumor was diagnosed as a fairly aggressive cancer that has already infiltrated his liver and lungs. I am keeping him calm and basically have him on hospice care till Friday when I will have to euthanize him.

Hes been a great friend, maybe not the most interested in what I am doing but he did put up with me for 7 years.
--my greatest heartfelt condolences,,as we always try our best with these critters,,and we with all our wisdom have to play the hand we are also delt in our lives,..sincerely james waller:sosad:headflick::hug::imsorry:

Latest posts

Back