Hello! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meggera007

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! :)

My name is Megan, and I have recently become a Bun Mom again. It has been so long since I've owned a rabbit that I figured I should join a forum or two so that I could chat with more experienced owners. I've been doing my homework on owning a rabbit and so far it has refreshed my memory of what all it takes to care for a bun. But I have learned a few new things as well which is always good. :)

So here's a picture of my little guy:
Thumper_zpsxyqwphu2.jpg

I'm unsure of how old he is, or what breed he is. Neither of those things matter to me really, but knowing his age would be helpful. So if anyone is up to it, would you mind giving me guesses on how old he is? Oh and his name is Thumper (like the rabbit from the movie Bambi). :)

My husband and I took him in when a co-worker at my husbands work decided that he didn't want Thumper anymore. The co-worker and his girlfriend only had him for 2 months before deciding to give him away. Now I'll be honest, I had told my husband no about getting a rabbit when he asked me what I thought about getting one. But the more I thought about it, the more I missed having a rabbit, and our son has been wanting a rabbit for awhile so I eventually said okay. Thumper was given to us on 5-23-15 and he came with a basic cage, water bottle, feeder bowl (attaches to the cage), and the tray that goes on it to catch droppings.

So we have had him for almost a full week, and we are all just in love with him. Thumper is a brave little bunny too. He will hop right up to our two dogs and he enjoys scaring the cats lol. We always are right there and never leave him alone with our dogs or cats. The cats though are scared of the bunny and will run away from him, so I'm not worried about the cats that much. But we were told that Thumper was scared of dogs, but he isn't afraid of ours (he should be though because they are medium sized dogs). He also loves to investigate when there's a bag rustling nearby lol. I was opening a bag of treats to give him and within seconds of me starting to open the bag he was by my side putting his head all in my way trying to grab the bag. He's also very, very tame. He loves getting his head scratched and enjoys being petted. He is also tolerant of my son, who is almost 5. But our son has grown up with pets since he was a year old and we have taught him how to be gentle and how to treat animals with respect, so he doesn't act like a banshee around Thumper or any of our other pets lol.

But yeah, that's about it for my introduction. If there's anything else you would like to know about me, Thumper, or my other pets please feel free to ask. :) I hope everyone is having a good night where you are, and I am looking forward to chatting with and getting to know you all. :)

Could use few more pics for some detail, but he looks like a mix, not a single defined breed. As to his age, I'd question the people you got him from and try to track down a specific date as it is almost impossible to say either young or very old as they are the only real indicators you can get with bunnies. Very cute though.

Thank you both! He is a very cute bunny, and I seriously think he already knows that he is. I'm going to be building him a new cage on Friday, and will be spoiling him rotten with some toys then as well.

I asked my husband if his co-worker knew how old Thumper was, and the co-worker said he didn't know, and that he would have to ask the person who originally sold Thumper to him. So hopefully we will find out soon, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. And I will definitely try to get some more pictures of him and post them.. This is the only one that's on my phone at the moment because he does not like to stay still long enough for me to get a picture when I have him out for play time. :)

Hello there and welcome to the forum, Thumper is very cute. I'm also having trouble with his age, I want to say he looks young, but not very young (like 6 months or something). An image that shows his full body could be helpful in determining age simply from proportions, at the moment he still looks like his body might have a little bit of growing to do.

Thumper is cute with very beautiful markings. My call on the breed? Cutie pie.

Back