Popping Sound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkitsBunny

Reaction score
I have a bunny who is 7 months old. This past week he has a popping sound/clicking sound when he hops or stands. The weird thing is that it comes and goes. Fir two days it was constant and now its periodic. He's not in pain and eats the same. I ran my hands over him and his bone to see if a bone area was sensitive but with no reaction. It sounds like a knuckle pop. I made an appoint that is available in a week but I am unsure whether this is something serious or not. Any suggestions?

Are you sure he isn't stomping? When my bunnies stomp it sounds like a popping niise. They do it to scare away predictors or claim their territory or just to get attention.

I was going to suggest that maybe he needs a nail trim? What kind of floor is he on when he is walking or hopping? Might be his nails tapping on the floor? It's hard to tell by the description you gave what it could possibly be. Our rabbits sometimes stomp and it sounds like that. At 7 months old, you might be getting into a hormonal stage of life which will get you some attitude. :)

Latest posts

Back