Any breed guesses?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliceBunny

Reaction score
I just got my rabbit and I know she is 4-5 months old but I am curious how large she is going to be full grown. However, I don't know what her breed is. I know she came from a local breeder but I didn't think to ask her previous owner if she knew what breed Alice is. At first I was a little worried she might be a checkered giant rabbit and would get huge, but I'm not really sure anymore. I don't know how much she weighs.

Thanks!

Hi! I live in the US, the state of Montana if that helps at all. I don't currently have a scale that is sensitive enough to weigh her, but I will try to get to one soon. Right now I would say her body is about the size of a bowling ball, or a smaller child sized soccer ball.

She is not a Checkered Giant; they are actually fairly uncommon outside of show homes.

Lots of breeds come in broken black, which is the pattern and color of your rabbit's coat. She doesn't have the features of a purebred rabbit, so I would guess she is probably mixed. However, sometimes when you have someone breeding rabbits for pets, even purebreds can lose the distinct features that make them unique. There is no way to know for sure, but my guess is she is a Holland Lop or Mini Lop mix.

At 4-5 months, she is pretty much full grown. She may fill out a little bit, but the size and structure of her body will not likely change much.

We have a Rabbit Identification Key here on Rabbits Online which has pictures of all of the ARBA-recognized breeds. By working through the questions, you can hopefully figure out what breed a rabbit is, if it's purebred. For a mixed-breed bunny you can never tell just what went into the mix, though.

While your bunny is probably a mix, you can find pictures of the various lop breeds on the key - they're linked to this page.

Ah, thank you!

I emailed her previous owner and she said the breeder sold her as a mini rex and mini lop cross. Thank you again for the help and suggestions!

looks a lop cross. At four-five months of age... that's her size. :) She might fill out a bit yet...but overall, that's a good size for that mix.

Latest posts

Back