Rabbit neuter concerned ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuffinNibblesmollyXOXO

Reaction score
Hi
Im getting my male rabbit neutered next week and i was talking to the vet today and asked if there are any medication he is going to give to me after the operation he said no just going to give him a pain killer and antibiotic injection

I'm just wondering if the rabbit wil be in pain the next day or later on because he gave me no painkillers im concerned he's going to be in pain for the next couple of days ? Will he

Has anyone had this experience
Thanks
Micaela

Good instincts on your part. Yes you should insist on being sent home with something for pain and some critical care formula in case bunny doesn't want to eat the next day. I have read on here way too many times about people worried that bunny is not wanting to eat drink or poop much post operatively. Imagine if you were sent home after surgery with nothing for pain. Your vet should know better.

When I had my bun neutered I was given a liquid medicine which I had to use a syringe to put the medicine directly down my buns throat. I had to do this once a day for 3 days on a full stomach. It was quite difficult but we managed! That was to stop infection as the stitching is all internal. I was told that if my bun wasn't eating or drinking I should take him back to the vets without hesitation. Maybe speak to your vet about this? I find it odd that you wouldn't be given anything for the aftercare! 🐰

I think what I am going to do is order some metacam and criticle care off of viovet befor he goes into his operation .... is metacam safe for rabbits ?

I went to order metacam on viovet and they wouldn't let me purchase it unless j have prescription from the vet and he probably won't give me one ill have to ask him tomorrow when there open

I've literally just had my bun neutered and we were given a syringe to administer to him for the next 3/4 days. I can tell he's irritated by it even now so I suspect he will be uncomfortable for a bit :/ hope you can get the painkillers :)

Back