Rabbit walking strange after spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea__xo

Reaction score
Hi all, my rabbit was spayed on Friday and she had been walking but on her tip toes which I thought was normal straight after due to the area probably feeling sore for her, thing is she's loads better in herself but she doesn't like coming out of her cage like she used to and when I get her out she runs back into her cage and she's still walking on her tippy toes (her hind legs) is this normal 5 days after her op? Thanks

I'm not sure but my doe seemed back to normal with no pain 2 days after the op and never walked funny or anything so I am thinking its not normal. Did your vet give her metacam for pain and inflammation? She should have some of that. It would be good to take her temperature and make sure she doesn't have some kind of infection setting in and check her sutures to make sure it doesn't look swollen or like an infection. You might want to take her to the vet just to make sure she is ok.

Thanks she had some complications after the op and I took her back furious that they didn't send me away with any pain relief when I actually asked for this and was told she wouldn't need any this can be seen in my other posts, her stitches look fine and her hair is growing back and she seems absolutely fine in herself it's it's just when she walks

That is strange. I'm thinking something about her surgery site may be hurting or chafing her if she hops normally. Is she still doing this? Can you put up a video?

Update she has stopped now and hops, runs around like normal.. How long before she can go outside now? Her wound site is healed and fur is starting to grow back

Latest posts

Back