Is something wrong with my rabbit's face?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holly

Reaction score
Hi, I joined up to ask about my new bunny. I am head over heels for him and will be picking him up this weekend. I just received an updated photo from his breeder. I am a bit concerned as it appears that one of his eyes is larger than the other, and that perhaps even one side of his face is a bit droopy. I'm not sure if this is just from that particular photo, but it looks like it was shot straight on. And his one eye definitely does look much larger to me. Do you think it's just the photo? I have seen one eye larger before in pet rats, but never in a bunny and don't know if it would be anything serious. Is this something I should be concerned about? I will love him no matter what but want to make sure nothing is wrong. I know the best thing to do would be to talk to the breeder about my concerns, which I also plan to do, but wanted to see if anyone else even thought it looked odd as well.

The first photo is the one I'm talking about. The second is another one that was sent, and the third is a photo when he was about 3 weeks old (which to me looks perfectly normal - although if you look at his eyeballs the one on the right still looks "fuller")

Av2.jpg

Av.jpg

Baby.jpg

I'm pretty sure its just he photo and its nothing to worry about but you should ask the breeder. I did exactly the same thing as you when I was getting my black and white border collie puppie - Her eyelashes where white on one side and black on the other side so in all photos her eye looked smaller on one side- I was so worried and finally asked the breeder and found out it was just how she looks when photographed. In real life her eyes looked totally normal.

Anyway, in those photos I'm pretty sure its the camera angle - and the eyes are both normal- but you should ask the breeder to ease your mind. :)

Yeah looks normal to me too. The face fur can make eyes look wonky, my minilop for example, if you looked at him straight on you would think he has no eyes, because his face fur fluffs out and blocks them (I always wonder how he sees what's in front of him). Like squidpop said, ask the breeder if you're still not sure. But I don't see anything unusual or droopy about him in those pics.

Almost looks like the rabbit has a bit of a cowlick if you look at the direction the fur between the eyes is pointing which could very well skew a perspective. Youll know in person but honestly looks like its just fur going the wrong way.

Almost looks like the rabbit has a bit of a cowlick if you look at the direction the fur between the eyes is pointing which could very well skew a perspective. Youll know in person but honestly looks like its just fur going the wrong way.

I think you're right, it actually does look like some kind of cowlick that's hiding his eye. I'm glad you mentioned that. I asked the breeder as well and we'll see what they say, but now I'm pretty assured it's nothing at all. Thanks!

Ears ������ sorry had to say it!

Yes! He is a cutie pie. He's an English Lop. His breeder responded saying that he's perfect, so there's no problem with his eyes, and also that he follows her around and comes when called. :brownbunny So sounds like a total sweetie. Definitely excited to get him home and I'll try to post some pics when I do

Latest posts

Back