picky eater

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andresmommy

Reaction score
Our Flemish baby is now 16 weeks old. He is finally settled into our house and pushing boundaries being a little boy bunny. Everything I've read about Flemish babies is you feed them basically however much they want to eat until they are a year old. So his cage is always full of food for him!! And I mean full!! We started growing oat, wheat, rye, and regular grass for him to munch on fresh. He gets an assortment of fresh greens all day long. Pellets. And unlimited timothy hay. My picky little boy has decided to only eat his hay if there is no fresh grass or vegetation. He picks on it here and there because it's in his favorite toy, but otherwise really doesn't touch it unless he has to. Do I need to cut back on the fresh vegetation to make him eat the dry hay? I don't want to stunt him but at the same time I want to keep his teeth and him healthy.

Balance out his diet. So he eats all the food you give him :) I had to do this with my new Flemish that I got yesterday. We called the vet and she recommended what I told you :)

Back