Cecotropes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would help to know what you are feeding him before answering but...
Bunnies are supposed to eat their cecotropes as part of their digestive process, but if a bunny is not eating its cecotropes its a sign that he is getting too rich of a diet with too much protein and not enough fibre. So, best thing to try first is cut pellets way back, cut greens back and feed lots and lots of hay for fibre. If you are still seeing cecotropes after that then cut back pellets even more, and keep feeding more hay.

Another thing that might be good to give him is Bene-bac probiotics they sell it in pet stores and it is very safe- its always a really good thing to have have on hand for whenever a bunny has digestive upset.

I looked at the picture of what you are feeding him and saw the pellets. But just in case you don't know, you should also be feeding him lots of Hay and greens. The ratio is around

75-80% hay,
10% pellets,
10-15% fresh greens and veg

So once a rabbit is an adult— 6-8 months you feed more hay and less pellets.

I looked at the picture of what you are feeding him and saw the pellets. But just in case you don't know, you should also be feeding him lots of Hay and greens. The ratio is around

75-80% hay,
10% pellets,
10-15% fresh greens and veg

So once a rabbit is an adult— 6-8 months you feed more hay and less pellets.

My six year old rabbit does not eat his cecotropes either, I read that alfalfa hay is high in protein, I guess I should stick to the Timothy hay and cut down on the pellets and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back