Glue in Toys - thoughts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about the use of glue in rabbit toys?

• Not okay

• Okay if there is only a small amount

• Okay if certain glues are used

• Okay if it is used where it is unlikely to be eaten

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepnclo

BlessTheirCottontail
Reaction score
I can't decide how I feel about it. After a search of the forum, I got the general idea about how everyone felt about it but am wondering whether that has changed in recent years with some of the more popular rabbit toy stores being quite open about their use of glue in toys.

So how does everyone feel about it? Is it about the kind of glue used, how much is used or where it is used?

Guess it would depend if your rabbit feels the need to eat the glue or just munch around it.
My glue of choice would be cheap dollar store GEL superglue - as long as its cyanoacrylate. I use this glue in my aquariums and directly under water and because its in gel form it doesn't wander off. Super safe stuff especially when it comes to critters as delicate as you would find in a reef aquarium.
Honestly most glues are fine, if your rabbit isn't mowing down on the glue directly. And even in small pieces the glue should ideally be solid and pass through their guts just fine.

Bad idea. Rabbit experts say that glue from books and other objects are harmful to rabbits try using something else

Latest posts

Back