Bladder sludge???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbavetta

Reaction score
I just got my baby lion head a few days ago (5 weeks old) and the very first night she was there I noticed this milky thick yellow urine. Now I know rabbits urine can be weird colors and is naturally thicker but I just want a more experienced opinion on wether on not this appears to be bladder sludge. I've been feeding her pellets, timothy hay, parsley, cilantro, and kale! Please take a look at the images and let me know what you think (the chunks in it are pieces of the bedding and hay)
And a side note: both times I have taken the litter box out to clean it the rabbit has peed in that area which is where the second photo was taken. This just appeared to be odd behavior since the pan was only out for a few minutes and it did it both times!
IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

That looks like it is borderline normal to me. Rabbits pee can look pretty cloudy with calcium. But I would make sure she is drinking lot of fluids and stays well hydrated. If she has a bottle of water I would also put water in a bowl and make sure you watch careful to see that she is drinking. This video talks about bladder sludge and give samples of rabbits that peed on paper to show what it look like- maybe it will help you [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiwPqQlvEPI[/ame]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back