Kit pictures and such

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belleshadow

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted much lately, and sorry that I haven't posted the pictures that I promised, but theese past few weeks have been hectic. The kits got wet and almost died, they're fine now except the one that fell into the mother's water bucket while she was nursing it, and drowned :cry4:. And not to mention the runt that I am not sure will survive, I've been doing the best i can, but it won't drink formula. Anyway thank you to all of those who helped me with this litter, I've been kind of spastic about this litter, and I don't raelly know why, but I have apreciated the help. Anyway here are the pictures.
Photo on 4-22-15 at 10.12 PM

url] on 4-22-15 at 10.12 PM

url] on 4-22-15 at 10.12 PM

url] on 4-22-15 at 10.13 PM.jpg

I hope this works. Sorry that the pictures are not that great, but the lighting is bad in my house, and my computer is not that good at taking pictures, and those little babies are like little cricketts, thy kept on bouncing everywhere. There are five kits I didn't take a picture of the runt, because I don't want to exhaust him, but he's a sort of steel gray color.
Also it was quite amzing that those kits survived, because they had to have been wet for at least an hour or two, but they still all survived. Not to mention that night when they got wet it was pouring down rain, so I made sure that the tarp over their cage was secure, but afterwards I was still nervouse, so I started praying, and before I finished my prayer the rain stopped.
But anyway I hope you enjoyed the pictures, and thank you again to all those who gave me advise.

Oh my goodness! I do that ALL THE TIME I send things without attaching what I meant to attach. Well let's try this again.Photo on 4-22-15 at 10.12 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 4-22-15 at 10.12 PM #3.jpg

Photo on 4-22-15 at 10.12 PM #5.jpg

Photo on 4-22-15 at 10.13 PM.jpg
I hope that worked.

Are you trying to bottle feed the runt? I wouldn't try that unless it's an absolute last resort. My rabbit wasn't feeding her babies for a couple days and when she did the runt I assume was too weak to eat on his own and wasn't doing well. I would go in 3-4 times a day and put him underneath my rabbit to eat. I did this for almost a week. They're 2 1/2 weeks old now and it's doing great. So I would try that. If she won't let it eat from putting it near her you may have to hold her on your lap and put him under her or hold her on her back and be very careful she doesn't kick.

Thanks I have been sort of forcing the mother to feed him, and I tried bottle feeding him, but he wouldn't drink it, but he's doing pretty well now, he's caught up with the others and is a nice size.

I'm so glad he's doing better 😁 they just look so tiny and helpless it's such a relief when they start growing! Mine was bald for a very long time and when he did finally get hair he was kind of scary looking lol but he's doing great now like you said almost caught up the the others :)
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1430571818.706980.jpg
He's the one on top, always has to be the center of attention lol

Haha I literally get nothing done. I'll go in there to feed them or check on them and end up sitting in there with them for hours lol it's so cute watching them grow

Sorry I have not answered in a long time, I've been very busy, and I hurt my right hand really bad and can't use it so it's been really hard to get things done and such. But anyway the runt is doing well, he's the little gray one, if you can see him. And yes they are growing so fast, they were so little an silky just a little while ago and now they're giant fuzz balls.Your's are so cute the white one reminds me of a kit I had once that was the runt, she was so small that we called her Toy and she had red eyes just like your's, but since she was the runt I tried to help her but I couldn't and she died on Easter:(.
But anyway, do you breed a lot? If you do do you sell the kits, or do you just have a bunch of rabbits running around your house?

I know they're getting too big too fast! They're starting to be very naughty lol. I had no intention of breeding. I had a female then rescued a "female" from being snake food and had several people look at it and say oh yea definitely a female, well you see how that worked out lol. But I realized this when they started maturing and separated them about 10 months ago. They each get separate time out of their cages in the house and are NEVER out of their cages at the same time, so you can imagine how surprised I was and I still have NO CLUE how they made these babies. As much as I would love a house full of bunnies I'm getting rid of all of them. I'm starting to get attached to them though and am kind of freaking out trying to find them good homes!! But the amount of mess that they make is making it easier to accept that they have to go lol. I thought about keeping the runt cuz he is the sweetest thing ever and I just love him but then I would have to split their time out of their cages 3 ways and it wouldn't be fair to any of them.

I get so sad when they get big and it's time to leave😭 I want them to stay small and cute forever.... They turn evil when they get older. They learn how to escape and play tricks on you

Yes!! Lol 3 weeks old was the perfect age, now that they're 5 weeks they are so bad and soo good at escaping!! And they're starting to get that little attitude like they're mama lol

As cute as they are, I forgot how much I hated this stage when mine were babies!! It really makes me appreciate how well behaved they are now lol

That's always fun when you have a surprise litter! I've had that happen before! I was wondering if you sold them for profit because I breed for profit. It's really fun, besides the selling them part. But I enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back