Watership Down

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffybuns

Reaction score
Omg, did anyone else cry at the end?
I am not really the "sensitive type" but jeez, my fiancée and I just watched Watership Down on Netflix and we both teared up at the end when....well, you know if you saw it or read the book. And man, it was dark and scary too! It really makes me want to spoil the crap out of my bunnies even more. They, on the other hand were not remotely disturbed by the movie, instead they were more interested in getting into the box of donuts.

Watership Down is the very reason I own a rabbit today :)

I saw the movie first, probably when I was a bit too young to have watched it. Later on I discovered it was also a book which was when I truly fell in love with the story. It's still my favourite book to this day, and I've certainly read it at least a dozen times.

Despite it's graphic and often disturbing nature, I think we can still all agree that Watership Down is very good movie and an even better book. It captures the concept that humans are not the only things who have problems and feel emotions.

I read the book after seeing the movie and was not disappointed. Each rabbit had an important role to play in the warren and an intriguing personality. I couldn't help but feeling guilty for how humans treat the natural world. The story explores the problems that wild rabbits face everyday and much of them result from humans treating the environment as a commodity.
After this I'm much more mindful about the ways our actions affect those around us and beyond.

Latest posts

Back