Old account, new bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larissa

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I made this account a long time ago, back when I was obsessed with rabbits but couldn't get one due to my parents. Now I'm 18, moved out, and just two days ago went and adopted a bunny from the SPCA!

The staff seemed to really want me to adopt this Flemish Giant, and as I was looking at him this beautiful little bunny was out running around a different pen. Immediately she caught my eye, though the staff said she was a bit timid. It took me all of 10 seconds to decide she was the one I had to adopt.

I'm not the biggest fan of her name, but she seems to respond to it (when she's not using her sassy, selective hearing). The staff must have mistaken timid for sass, since she loves to run away and hide from me, only to follow me once I leave the room. Though she's very cuddly if I catch her in the right mood! She has a free range of my apartment, no cords exposed of course, and she is absolutely loving it.

Meet Emma!

She'll lay down with her head like this when she wants to be pet, hehe.

Photo of her colouring.

YAY. I can't believe how amazing she is. When I was paying for her at the SPCA they congratulated me and it really felt like I just had a child haha.

She's been binkying randomly while running around my place, last night we were cuddling in my bed and she was grinding her teeth happily, and this morning she woke me up by jumping all over me and licking me. She seems to be settling in nicely.

She is just gorgeous--if you really don't like the name, change it. All of ours are rescues and probably had a name that we didn't have access to but they come when we call them by the name we gave them. They are so darn quick at picking things up. We got a new dog this morning as our old Dane is almost 14 and we know she won't be around too much longer. Congratulations, she's a beautiful little Rex.

Thanks everyone :) It feels so good to finally have the rabbit I've been dreaming of since I was 12! My mom was the reason I could never get a rabbit, she adamantly claimed they made horrible pets. With only hearsay to back her up. Funnily enough when my mom came to visit Emma today she kept running away from her! I bet her bunny-senses could tell something was off, ahaha.

Aww I'm so glad you managed to get the bun you always wanted! I too only knew about preconceptions about rabbits, I didn't think they'd make terrible pets I just thought that they weren't as interesting as they really are. With proper research I learnt that they are really intelligent, loving little creatures with unique personalities. You're right, it does feel like you have a child :p

Latest posts

Back