One rabbit wants to eat everything?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterdance

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a newly bonded pair and am still figuring out a few things.

One major thing I've noticed is that Macy eats faster and more than Leo. She is essentially a bottomless pit and will eat all of her veggies/pellets as well as his if I would let her. Leo likes to eat slower, hop around a bit and come back to his food.
Do any of you have any suggestions on how I can make sure they are both getting enough?
Currently I use separate bowls for each of them and try to keep her away from his as much as possible.
I don't know if this makes a difference but Macy is slightly larger than him by a pound... She's an adult mini lop and he's under a year and holland.
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427951604.747913.jpg

If anyone could respond if you have an idea that would be great.

I also have a mini lop and what I believe is a holland lop. Cali (the mini lop) outweighs steve (holland) by quite a bit. He is a few years older than her. He is very food motivated and seems to scarf everything down, but I don't worry too much. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by supervising and separating bowls. You could hand feed pellets too to make sure each bunny gets enough. And they should have lots of hay available at all times anyways. As long as Leo seems healthy and happy I think you're doing ok. You could get a kitchen scale and weigh him weekly or biweekly to keep track, also.

Back