Hormones already?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minilopbun

Reaction score
Hi everyone my bunny Baci will be 4 months next week. I got him when he was 10 weeks. He isn't neutered yet, and so far he hasn't really been acting territorial. He's an only rabbit so maybe that's why he doesn't feel the need to drop poops and spray urine everywhere. But I have some questions about his behavior and if it could be hormone related:

He has been chewing more than usual. When I first got him he didn't do this but now he wants to chew everything and he digs the floor a lot.

He's more active now. I mean he was always active but now he seems like he can't stay still. It's weird even his nose moves faster and more than usual like he has to investigate everything.

He's been thumping much more lately. When I first got him he did it I think once but now the last few days he does it almost every time he goes back in his cage. But I think this might be because he wants attention - when I pet him he stops thumping and he goes into a loaf position and falls asleep but he will pick his head up if I stop (he wasn't so demanding before) - I like this about him now though lol I enjoy cuddles with him :)

Nothing's changed and he is still a happy bunny. He binkys all the time. And he still circles my feet and makes that little buzzing noise which I know is because of hormones.

Anyway, could his skittish behavior and the chewing be hormone related? He's just been kind of a brat. Like I said he doesn't mark his territory so I don't know if this is just his personality now or if I need to get him neutered now!

Last edited:
There are numerous potential signs of hormones. Some rabbits don't seem to exhibit any noticeable signs. Other rabbits go the other extreme and show every possible sign, lol.

Excessive destructive chewing is one potential sign of hormonal behavior. "Skittish" behavior would be harder to peg as hormonal or just innate.

Latest posts

Back