Possible ear infection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionBunn

Reaction score
I have a 5 year old mini lop that's neutered. I saw him scratching his one hear a lot and shaking his head this morning. I picked him up to inspect his ears. Found the 1 ear looking unusual and smelly. I cleaned both ears a little and found that one ear watery and looking sore. A little scabby but nothing serious. He has a vet appt for fri morning. I've never dealt with this and was wondering what this usually is. Thanks

Sounds like a possible ear infection. Lop ear rabbits can tend to develop these more easily than buns with upright ears, especially in older rabbits that may have some arthritis affecting their ability to scratch their ears. Ear mites are another common ear affliction with rabbits, though by your description, it doesn't sound like this is what your rabbit has.

Thanks for the reply. He's still eating and moving around. I had checked his ears a 2nd time and there was milky smelly stuff in the same ear as before. He has no problem scratching.

Latest posts

Back