Tomorrow is the big day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Tomorrow is the big day! Einstein is getting neutered. I am TERRIFIED, but I know it has to happen. I just have a few newbie questions:

1.) What should I expect when I bring him home? (i.e behaviorally)
2.) How soon should the behaviors such as charging, nipping, missing the litter box be gone?
3.) What is the best way to care for him post op, I want him to be as comfortable as possible.
4.) What is any tips/tricks you guys recommend?

Thank you for helping me out !!!!

:jumpforjoy::jumpforjoy::jumpforjoy::rabbithop

Make sure he is warm, keep a hot water bottle around just in case he gets cold from the anaesthetic. Use warm-hot water not boiling, test on yourself etc. I'm sure you know to make sure he is in a quiet calm area, keep him eating and drinking and give pain meds as ordered.

Hey guys!

I just wanted to say that Einstein is back home after his surgery. Everything went well and the vet sent us home with a 2 day Metacam dosage. Right now Einstein seems a little out of it. I think it is because he was stressed but it should get better soon. Is there anything particular I should be looking for?

Thank you everyone! Einstein is getting better, he is moving around his pen but then he is going back to his spot and sit there. He is eating a little pieces of hay but I am worried that he is not drinking. How should I encourage drinking? The water is in a bowl not a water bottle.

I would give Leo incredibly watered down critical care so that it smelled/tasted yummy for him and offered it with a syringe for the first day or so and he loved it. It was pretty much just water with a tiny bit of critical care. Honestly though within 24-48 hours males tend to start bouncing back- eating/drinking normally I mean not necessarily active.

Update. Today Einstein is more alert still in a little bit of pain. He is eating a little bit more. Drinking a little bit. I gave him his first dose of Metacam which he loved. One thing I am worried about is he is pooping, but they are small and hard. Some are strong connected together. I am relieved that he is eating and pooping I am just worried about the poops. Should I be worried? Or is this normal?

Poops might be weird for another few days, if they aren't normal within a few days of him returning to normal eating/drinking patterns I'd call the vet. But at this point it's normal I'd say.

Latest posts

Back