Any Clicker Trainers?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTRT

Reaction score
We are the proud new family to a pair of Flemish Giants. Our male is nearly 1 and was rarely handled. He tolerates it and I'm sure he'll come along-- but he is so big it would be easier if he 'volunteered' rather than me making him do things.

I have clucker trained with dogs and goats and assume a rabbit can be trained too... Have you done it? What have you taught?
Other training ideas for handling etc?

Thanks!
Lori

There is a YouTube channel called 101Rabbits. She clicker trains her rabbits and makes videos for it. There might be some good videos for you :)

I have done some clicker training with my two buns. They stand up on their back legs and will touch a target on a pole or my hand when I ask them to (if they're feeling motivated). I don't spend as much time with them on it as I should and I've faced some challenges when it comes to clicker training a bonded pair and making sure they know who I'm training (I do have two clickers). They won't accept my treats if we're outside my bedroom because they get nervous.

I have this book and have found it helpful for ideas of things rabbits can feasibly be trained to do. It gives a good intro to clicker training for people who haven't done it before also. (My fellow vet student roommates also have 2 dogs and 2 cats that are clicker trained so the click can actually get somewhat confusing in our house.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done clicker training with 6 of my buns, 2 are doing extremely well and the other 4 are still learning. My other 7 buns just trained using treats and pats and that worked for them

Back