How do you feed your bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloverabbit

Reaction score
So recently, I have been seeing more and more people have their pets search for their food. Instead of putting it in a bowl, they hide it around the house/cage or in a IQ toy. I was thinking that if I hide my bunny's food that she wouldn't be as bored and practice her foraging skills. I would still keep hay in the litter box and use it in some toys, but I was thinking about pellets, veggies, and treats. What do you think? How do you feed your bunny?

Bowls, my bunny looks at the toys that make them search as if it's a alien same with hiding treats he won't bother looking for them even if he watches me hide them, he has no interest in foraging, digging.

My rabbits get ~1/3 of their pellets dumped in their bowl at breakfast time. The rest they have to work for by doing tricks or using a treat ball.
My favorite treat ball is the pet safe slimcat because the opening is adjustable so I can make it small enough that only ~1 pellet falls out at a time. The part of the ball the humans are supposed to hold and twist to fill it is excellent for the buns to grip with their teeth which means my buns can get it unstuck if they manage to get it between two pieces of furniture or something like that.

Their hay hangs in racks above their litterbox and their greens usually get presented to them on a paper towel or hand-fed to them if I feel like it.

I feed my bunnies their pellets and lettuce in bowls but for an extra treat I'll use treat balls and put a few pellets inside. They push it around together it's adorable. They'll even play with it when it's empty and they don't know it. :D

Twice a day steve and cali get their salad on a regular dinner plate. Two or three times a day they get a small amount of pellets, either sprinkled around on the floor or in a treat ball. Hay of course is unlimited. They get an oxbow immune support tablet and digestive support tablet every day. For treats they might get a bit of fruit as a salad topper, or a small "cookie" type rabbit treat. I like to use these to teach tricks like "spin" and "walk". It's hard but I try not to spoil them too much.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back