RIP Puff-puff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionrex

Reaction score
2 days ago: I noticed my bunny that is almost 6 years old acting different mostly laying down but still eating and drinking. So I thought everything was ok. Late that night I went to check on her and she was out of it. Just kept getting up and laying down. She was very lethargic.

Yesterday: As soon as I could I took her to the vet where they decided to keep her over night. They thought it was a GI infection/illness so they treated with antibiotics and non-oral hydration. Things looked better

This morning: She was coming on with some other problem but still in ok health. 2 hours later i got the call that she decide to lay down and not get back up.

The autopsy is going on now.....

154790_107739155961808_5482569_n.jpg

Got word back.
Seems it was what i figured, the GI just shut down. Also they found the liver was an odd color and added to the sudden death.

I'm so sorry I just lost my Lady my Holland Lop rescue Thursday and have been meaning to post but have been too heart broken. We found out she had a blood clot and there was nothing we could do but I'm still upset and despondent and don't want to do anything... You are in my thoughts. We are in the same place...

Hang in there

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back