Digging on me???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiebunny

Reaction score
So my new bunnies are settling into their home, everyday I sit down on the floor in their area they hop around and somethimes bump into my side or back with their head, twice my male bunny has dug on my back with his paws just like he would if he was digging in dirt . Any idea on what this means... once i turn and look or speak to him he stops and hops away.

He might be wanting you to move out of the way. My bunny will dig on me if i am holding him and he needs to go potty.

Mine all have done that digging thing to me and other people too. Sometimes I just think digging is just something they do because it feels good to exercise those digging muscles, or because they are a bit frustrated.

Mine hops around me every morning and then digs into my arms and nips while shes doing it. She is not neutered so I wonder if that has something to do with it. Also, when i stand she will dig into the back of my knees as well and will nip at my legs. She doesn't only do it to me but she does it every day. I dont think its a sign of aggression at all but i also wonder why she does this.

My rabbit does it as well, but he's a grumpy guy. He does it if my foot is in his way, rather than going over or around he digs it or nips until I move it. He's got quite the ego though! Haha

Latest posts

Back