Does he really like me?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minilopbun

Reaction score
I've had my bunny Baci for about a month now and he shows many signs of him being super happy and comfortable with me. He sprawls out next to me and relaxes and always lets me touch him especially when he's in the mood for cuddles hell just lay next to me legs out and let me rub his cheeks and head. He circles my legs while making this buzzing noise (I know it's a hormonal thing but does he only do it to me because he likes me?) he binkys around me and puts his little paws on my lap all the time. He sits in my lap for treats. He even follows me around sometimes and he'll stop what he's doing just to nudge me with his nose and continue doing what he's doing (is this his way of saying hello? Lol) But, I don't think he's ever chinned me and he definitely hasn't licked me. Those are like the two biggest signs of bunny love right?

He does, however, lick the floor when I pet him and he licks some of my stuff just not me :( lol

Bunny Love can mean a lot of different things Binking around is one way to show they are very happy

every animal has many different ways to show that they love some one if he hasent chinned you or licked you i wouldn't get discouraged because he may evently do that or may not but that dose not mean he dosent love you

it sounds like you have a very loving Bun

Bandit has never chinned me that I can recall, it took a while for him to lick me. He used to lick other stuff all the time (still does) but he also licks me. If I was petting him and he was licking the floor, I would just try to put my fingers in the way so he would lick them :p Often now after I've pet him for a while, he'll reciprocate by licking.

The nudging/nose bonks can be a way of saying hello or of saying "hey, you're in my way" or "hey, I want pets/treats/etc". It sounds like your bunny is very comfortable with you though and loves you :)

Yay that's so great to hear! I love him to pieces he's the best little bun in the world (obviously a biased statement) but I think it's true :D lol

I'm very happy that he became so comfortable with me so quickly I thought it would take longer:)

Wow it sounds like he's really happy with you.My Peter will occasionally hop on me or lay out next to me, but he just enjoys spending his day running around the garden. He does follow me around though 😊 our other girl is only 9 weeks old so looking forward to seeing her personality shine through. I would love to receive the Bunny love you do though! Xx

I tried to stick my fingers under his mouth when he's licking the floor but he caught on and moved his head to continue licking the floor! Lol! But that's okay I'm very happy that isn't the only way of showing love :) here are some pics from some of the cuddle sessions we had today :)

He loves having his cheeks rubbed lol

image.jpg

Rabbits that consider you subordinate to them, will sometimes lick nearby objects to show their appreciation for 'grooming' them instead of licking you. It can also just be a comfort level, and some rabbits may not be comfortable enough yet to want to give licks to you but still appreciate the pets so will lick a nearby object. Or if you used lotions etc, then it may just not smell/taste nice to a bunny, so they may not want to give licks.

I have one bun that never gives licks, to me or a nearby object. She also doesn't lick her bunny friends but always wants them to lick her, and she isn't even the 'boss' bun. I haven't figured that one out yet.

He is adorable!!!!!!! :adorable:

I am hoping my 10 week old mini lop becomes as comfortable with me as yours does!

JBun - that's interesting I didn't know that. I'm glad his licking nearby objects means he appreciates his pets though :) that's great

Phoenix - thank you! He is very cute I got him when he was 10 weeks and he's grown so much in the past month! Good luck with your baby I hope he/she becomes comfortable with you as well :)

You're lucky that your rabbit wants cuddles...My bun grooms me and my boyfriend so he sees us as alpha but he wont stick around for cuddles or petting. It makes me wonder the same thing about whether he actually feels affection for us or not.

Makes me sad sometimes, I wish he'd like head rubs. I can only hope he learns to like them in the future as he gets older.

I expect there will be people who disagree with me, but I don't think it's fair (on the lone rabbit) to keep one rabbit; they are sociable creatures and you really need to get him a friend.

Latest posts

Back