Very hot day inside for my baby minilop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixTheMiniLop

Reaction score
Hey guys the temp has been 36.5 here today and I wasn't at home all day, I always leave windows open if I'm out and leave her with plenty of water but I still get worried because its so hot!!! What are some things I can do for her on such hot days so she doesn't get heat stroke??

When I'm home I have all of the house open, fans rotating and she is let out and lays on the tiles which would be nice and cool for her. I also just added some cooler water from the fridge into her drink bottle..

I just noticed while petting her that her hair is coming out, is this because it's hot? I gave her a brush but I'm just not too sure?
She is about 10 weeks old as well...

Any answers would be great :) Thanks!

Fans are good. Just dont have any.blowing directly on her cage.
Go buy a ceramic tile or 2 and keep them in the freezer/fridge. Give her one in her cage when you leave. Interchange them so she always has access to a cold one.
Freeze water bottles (if shes not a chewer hard plastic ice packs wouls be safe) and place one in cage so shes got something to lay against.
Of coarse the cage should be big enough she can get away from the cold items too.

Wouldn't opening all the windows let the hot air in instead of keeping the room cooler?

Watermelons has given good suggestions, the shedding is most likely from the heat. Make sure you brush more often so that she doesn't ingest too much of it.

Thanks for both of your replies :)

Yeah I that that myself about leaving the windows closed but where I live this house gets hot easily and I just think closing it all up would make it worse rather than opening the windows and putting the fans on rotate for her...
I brush her everyday just to make sure and so she gets used to it.

I want to be able to pick her up and snuggle with her, she doesn't seem to like it much. Are there ways to encourage it??

:bunny16

Latest posts

Back