Potentially Sick or Paranoia?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddersMom

Reaction score
I can't tell if my bunny is actually potentially sick or if I'm just being paranoid. So normally he is a sassy littel rabbit, lays in the closet or under the desk and comes out when he wants or when he needs food. Earlier today I was gonna vacuum my room so I do what I usually do and let him hop into his carrier and left it on my bed while I vacuumed because it scares him. Afterwards, I let him go and he hopped around the room and all overthe room and all over me when I was laying on the floor. Then he went over to his spot in the clost and layed down. Nothing out of the ordinary, so I went and took a nap for a couple hours. Now that I looked at him he just looks kinda funny. Like slightly sleepy a little dazed. But when I picked him up, (isn't a fan of that) he behaved very normally and his eyes widened ad he wanted to be put down. When I had him up I noticed it looks like he's just peed as he has some pee on the area around his bum. Not a huge amount but I've never noticed it look like that and he hasn't been in his litter box recently. Additionally there is a stain on the mat in the closet that looks like drool. He usually only drools when he's stressed or travelling. And finally when I picked him up it looks like he has some stains around his mouth that look sort of like orangish. And he has been eating carrots recently so that's probably it but again I've just never seen that before. Overall he seems mostly okay but he didn't eat the apple slice I gave him or refused a pellet I offered so I'm not sure. He's eaten with the last like 6 hours for sure, just seems slightly odd. He's also shifting around a bit with squinty eyes.

The only recent changes have been the hay I've finally gotten him to start eating after I'd switched from timothy to orchard and slightly reduced his pellets. Also since the hay transition he's been getting more veggies like carrot greens and lettuce and treats are carrots and apples.

I'm probably paranoid but if there's anyway someone could maybe post pictures of a peed on bum that is concerning so I know what I'm dealing with.

Some background info is he is 2 year old neutered lop. I've felt his ears they aren't cold and there doesn't seem to be any other symptoms.

Other than monitoring him what else can I do and what are other symptoms to look for.

Latest posts

Back