A problem with my bun living in my bedroom.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimoomin

Reaction score
So I have 3 bunnies, two are bonded and live outside, and my third is on her own because despite my families best efforts we were never able to bond all three. I feel terrible about having the solo bunny on her own outside all day, as unlike the other two she has no one. So I decided to being her inside (Also due to her being outside she has become less social because I am unable to spend as much time with her as I did when she was inside). However the only place in my house for her to live is my bedroom, as my dad's pretty over the top with his hate for indoor animals (he also believe she'll stink up the place). But at night my bun always decides that it's the best time to party and dig her litter box, and sleep always seems impossible. So I think I might need to have her spend the day in my room, and then sleep in the Conservatory (that's the only out of way room in the house), and just every morning put her back into my room. But I'm not sure how keen for this my parents will be, so I need ways to convince them! So can anyone please help me with any ideas to convince my parents to do this! Thank you!

Hey! So I am a very new bunny owner, but I have done a ton of research on this topic over the past few months, so I can give you tips I found (my bun is in my bed room).

1) They do not stink if you take proper care of the cage.
2) Be VERY careful about leaving the bun in your bedroom during the day and then moving at night. Most buns hate so much inconsistency in their routine, and you may find a lot of behavioral issues or lack of potty training starts to occur.
3) A lot of people find draping a sheet over the cage at night after a while "signals" to the bunny "ok time for bed see you at 7 AM." But it is important to understand that most bunny are awake at 2-4 AM and its hard to deny their natural instincts.
4) I have read a lot that if you let the bun out to run 1-2 hours before bed, they may be more likely to sleep through the night.
5) You may consider leaving quiet toys in the cage (its what I do and i don't notice them).
6) If you haven't already, use a water crock over a water bottle, so much quieter, its like night and day.

Ill see what else I have saved in my research binder when I get home, but thats what I remember general off the top of my head

Your bunny won't stink if neutered and also that would help with bonding!

Latest posts

Back