Cat problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilsey

Reaction score
We've got our buns outside (uk) they love it but we've got a constant problem with all the neighbours cats. They seem to like using our garden as a litter tray. Do any of you know any good ways to keep the cats out without harming our buns. I'd rather not use any chemical based products. I've seen the sensors you can use but I don't know if they would scare the rabbits. Help please!

Cats won't go into your garden if they can smell some other scent. It's all good for us since my rabbit- friendly dog sprays scent in my garden ,which does the job! On the Internet there are lots of ways on how to keep foxes out which should also work!😊

I have the same issue although my bunnies live inside with us. I'm at the point where I'd almost rent or buy a cat trap and drop one after the other off at the humane society. It's not cheap for the owner to bail them out haha. They crap in our vegetable garden and flower beds, and under the deck despite our many efforts. They go after our birds and fish. Sorry to all the cat lovers out there but I'm very anti cat!

I just set my dog after any cats that come into the yard. They eventually learn its not safe.
But yes you can purchase sensors. There are some small ones that are attached to a can that let off a spurt in a determinted direction, if it doesn't spray at the rabbits it shouldn't scare them. Or you can get motion sensor sprayers that attach to a garden hose. Not sure where you can get them where you are though.
http://store.intl.petsafe.net/en-gb/ssscat-spray-deterrent

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/spray-away-motion-activated-sprinkler-animal-repellent/824716

If they have to jump onto fences to get into your yard, it would be worth spraying the tops of the fences with some cat keep-away type spray. I previously had an issue with a cat pooping right next to my back door. A single use of the product and the cat never did it again.

Latest posts

Back