Rabbit Age

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopMad

Reaction score
My new bunny is meant to be 14 weeks old but I think he may be older.
He's larger than my other rabbit who is around the same age and he is acting older as well I think.
He rubs his chin on things, gets all weird when he smells other bunnies and he sprayed pee over the wall.
Is this normal for a 14 week old bun? I can send a photo comparing the size of him and my other bun if needed.

Posting a picture of the rabbit in question would certainly help :)

As far as I'm aware, 14 weeks is not too young for them to be spraying, as hormones can start to kick in as early as 10-12 weeks.

Maybe a side photo as well? He still looks pretty young, up to 4 months, but definitely not 6! 14 weeks is only 2 weeks shy of 4 months anyway, so not a lot of difference in it even if he was 4 months instead of 14 weeks.

There is variation in size, but have you considered that perhaps your other mini lop is younger than you thought?

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1425203726.238287.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1425203742.037319.jpg
True hahaha.
I bred the other one so I am sure he's the same age :) I was actually worried at one point because he stopped gaining weight when his siblings left and he was on medication for his eye. The vet said that he should be alright though so I'm not too concerned. He's starting to gain weight again. He's not show quality and the reason I kept him is because he needs special care for his eye. This is what he looks like:
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1425204120.164512.jpg
He was also always smallest in the litter and got crushed by mum a few times when I'd have to hold her down for them the feed.
I'll weigh both buns in the morning and see if there is much of a weight different.

Thanks for your help :D

Your other bunny does look a little younger, but as you said it could simply be because he had a more difficult start. Your black tort boy is still young though, I would think you could be pretty confident calling him 14 weeks.

Latest posts

Back