Does this call for a trip to the vet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimoomin

Reaction score
Today I moved my bun back inside after she's been outside for several months. And she's been inside for maybe 4ish hours, and she hasn't pooped or peed once? And this is coming from a rabbit that would let off off a poop every second minute just because she could. She's still eating and drinking, but her stomach feels firm and she doesn't really like me touching her, which is a bit unusual. Should I take her to the vet or am I being paranoid?

Some rabbits don't poop if they'rea bit stressed. Four hours isn't overly long, 10-12 is usually considered when you should make a vet visit, or a little sooner. Maybe give it another two but I'm sure there'll be a big pile soon :D

Yeah four hours isn't too bad, but if her stomach does feel unusually firm it could indicate some gas. Give her some tummy massages and encourage her to exercise a bit more to get things moving in there.

Thanks! I thought I might have been overreacting slightly. If there isn't any by tomorrow I'll take her to the vet!

Hooray! Are they properly formed or a little soft? Did you feed anything different yesterday?

They're a bit soft, and a tad darker than usual. Now that I think of it, I did give her some parsley, which she only ever gets every now and then, so maybe it was that. And last week I changed rabbit food, so it could be either of those.

Latest posts

Back