I've just bonded a trio and I FILMED it all!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. My name is Emma and I have 3 bunnies who I recently bonded into a trio. I have Primrose, Velvet and Reuben!

I decided to film my bonding experience as I felt it could possibly help other rabbit owners out there so I would like to share my video with you! :)

To get straight to the bonding footage and skip me talking then go to 2:59 mins. Hope it can help some of you! :)

http://youtu.be/d7QOKF5lDXU

That's a great project you've put together! I'm very impressed with how Primrose handled herself. I'm looking to bond some rabbits soon and I'm thinking our tiny bathroom will be ideal. Thanks for sharing! I'm wondering if all rabbits have their own personal hutch or if they share one. What's the rest of their living situation like?

Thanks! They live in a shed and there's 2 hidey houses which are big enough for more than one bunny. :) There's also a huge litter tray with hay in where they like to sleep. :)

Watched the video, it's very interesting to see how the smallest thing can start a fight. Sometimes I think they just panic themselves and make it worse :p

Wondering if I should have got two buns now but maybe I can bond another with my Male in the future, this vid shows it's possible! :)

Yep it's possible TacoBunny! I finished bonding on Wednesday so they've been together 4 days since then! 8 in total. x

I'm very glad that your bunnies seem to be getting along as a trio. Hopefully they will stay bonded. Forgive me for reserving my optimism. I do know that trios can work. However, I attempted a trio and they also got along after a few days. They seemed to be doing great and I was so happy. They did great for over 3 weeks. But after 4 weeks, all heck broke loose and they got into some serious fighting.

That could be because I had 2 males (brothers) and 1 female. I have heard that it's best to have no more than 1 male in a trio.

So just a caution to still keep an eye on them over these next weeks. I would hate for the same thing to happen with your rabbits.

BTW, you did great with your bonding techniques in the video.

Thank you :) I've actually had 2 successful trios in the past and both consisted of 2 males and one female. To be honest the mainly male trios took me less time to bond!

There is an already-bonded trio of males (brothers) at our local rabbit rescue. They are so adorable and I'd love to take them in.
The brothers that I tried to bond with my girl fought, apparently, over the female. I ended up keeping one to bond with my girl.

This video has made me realise we have been making too much of our rabbits chasing and humping each other. We will try bonding them in a month or so when the hormones from the spay have calmed down (if we can cope with them chasing each other) haha

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. My name is Emma and I have 3 bunnies who I recently bonded into a trio. I have Primrose, Velvet and Reuben!

I decided to film my bonding experience as I felt it could possibly help other rabbit owners out there so I would like to share my video with you! :)

To get straight to the bonding footage and skip me talking then go to 2:59 mins. Hope it can help some of you! :)

http://youtu.be/d7QOKF5lDXU

Thank you for sharing!! :rabbithop

I just wanted to say how great this bonding video is! I have a couple of single buns that I am wanting to bond with a pair, but the single buns don't get along with each other and I've been struggling to bond them. They pretty much will break into a scuffle like your buns were doing. I was to the point thinking they just dislike each other too much to bond, but seeing your video gives me hope. Thanks for posting it :)

Hi, just came across your old thread accidentally, thanks for your video hope you're all still doing good thanks for sharing! :)

Latest posts

Back