First litter ever! What colors? Do I have a peanut? PICS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wittle-Acres

Reaction score
These babies a 6 days old! My doe had a litter of 7. I think one is a peanut:(

Is this a peanut or a runt?
(You can see how Tiny it is in first pic above)

I am new to rabbits and know very little about color. Can you please tell me what color these babies are? Momma is smoke pearl, and dad is orange.
Baby 1
(There are 2 of this color)

So cute! The tiny one looks like a runt, make sure he gets enough milk as he may not be able to push past his larger siblings for a teat. You may want to hold mum on your lap and lift him up under your legs/her belly every once in a while if he's looking thin. Not an expert on colours I'm afraid, but I'd guess you have a fawn, a black, a blue otter/silver marten?, and I don't know about the runt.

What breed are they? If you're breeding a dwarf breed then peanuts are always possible.

As for colours, I'm no expert, but in the very first picture, at the top it looks like you could have a smoke pearl marten, 3 solid blacks, the other grey one in the middle of the pile would be a grey/silver/blue otter (whatever the colour is called, I think sometimes it has a different name depending on breed)

I'll move your thread to the breeding forum, you might get more responses there too :)

I'm only guessing though, there's a lot of genetics involved with the smoke pearl gene, and I'm not that great figuring out what's supposed to come from that. The smallest one looks like it could be a lilac colour.

Latest posts

Back