Hello From Minnesota

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittyKay

Reaction score
Hello Im new here but Not to Rabbits i have had lots of out door ones in the past

Right now i am Bun Bun less :cry4: witch sucks But i am hoping to get ones in the up coming months as a move to a new place

:happyrabbit:

I will be building a C&C cage or a NIC as some people call them
Just trying to figure out how to cover my carpet so the Bun dosent make a mess of it *since i will be renting*

But for the breed of rabbit i am considering a holland lop

I hope to be chatting with fellow Bunny owners soon

Thanks

Britt

:apollo:

Hello there are welcome :)

Are you talking about covering the carpet within the cage itself, or outside of the cage? If you're looking to cover it within the cage, you can either put layers of fleece down over a plastic sheet (which may have to be removed and washed) or you can build a base out of plywood, cable tie the cage walls to and put whatever you like on that. My base is plywood with vinyl flooring stuck on, I also have a short pine edge around the outside to keep hay/stray poops etc from just pushing out through the gap in the grids. Pictures on this page here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=73547&page=40

Hello there are welcome :)

Are you talking about covering the carpet within the cage itself, or outside of the cage? If you're looking to cover it within the cage, you can either put layers of fleece down over a plastic sheet (which may have to be removed and washed) or you can build a base out of plywood, cable tie the cage walls to and put whatever you like on that. My base is plywood with vinyl flooring stuck on, I also have a short pine edge around the outside to keep hay/stray poops etc from just pushing out through the gap in the grids. Pictures on this page here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=73547&page=40

yes i was thinking about doing some Chloroplast not sure on how you spell that one the plastic card board stuff an putting some sticky vinyl flooring that way i dont have to use a machine to cut it How did you support your top floor or is it ok with how you have it secured? i like your cage im going to build mine with a loft on it so was just wondering how the bunnies weight would hold up on that

My top floor has a piece of pine running along the width that supports the underside of the shelf. It fits through the holes in the grids, so it sticks out about 2cm on each end, and I drilled a small hole through each end to tie it in place with a cable tie. You can see the length of pine in the link I posted (on the prior page before it was cut, and on the actual linked page on the underside view looking at the steps).

look out for the toe board(s) ( my two seem to be on a mission ) on chewing them along w/ any exposed wire(s) ..

and also just make sure you have a good vacuum =0)

Yup i will be on the look out for bunny trouble as for the vacume i have a pet ine cause of my 2 alian bunnys *kitty's* lol sorry for my spelling im on my phone

Latest posts

Back