Rabbit living in my bedroom test.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimoomin

Reaction score
So my bun used to live in my room, but she was moved outside when she chewed the wallpaper. But I've convinced my parents to give me a one week trial on having her in my room again, and I need it to go smoothly if I want to keep her in my house. What can I do to make sure nothing goes wrong? She will be in there the whole day I'm at school, and will be able to run around the house while I'm there. Thanks!

The best thing I can suggest if your bunny chews is an X pen! That way she can still have a lot of room but you can keep her away from walls. Also give her lots of toys and things to chew on so she can opt for something other than your wallpaper or carpet!

So I was going to make another thread, but opted to use this one (to keep the amount of threads I a spam this website with...), so my bun is living back in my room this weekend (yay!) and she'll be mostly freeroam, because I've found that it works best for the both of us. But I still need a cage which is her "home base". So really i just need a kinda cheap thing she can use as a home base. NIC cubes aren't available in my country so is need a cheaper option. Any ideas?

Wire dog crate. Xpen. If shes mostly free roam you.can use a normal pet store rabbit cage . Really anything

I do have cage I got from the pet store awhile ago, but she just uses it as a massive litter box and she always scratches at the metal bars (even when the doors open) and it makes a massive noise.

xpens are my favourite! Before I opened my whole house up to my buns, I'd use xpens to keep them in their own area. They had a cage in this area as their 'bedroom', and their litter box was in here, but the xpen gave them space to roam as well. I got mine on eBay for a relatively good price.

I keep my rabbit in my room as well. He doesn't have a cage but I keep his litter box in one of the corners of my room along with his food bowl and water tower. I do have an xpen for him as well which is great for traveling or other circumstances when I need to keep him confined. I also make sure that all wires are out of reach. When I'm home he gets free range of pretty much the whole apartment (not that my apartment is that big). He usually parks himself near the refrigerator lol.

Anyway, the xpens are great and not too expensive and you can usually adjust the size of the pen.

So I've looked around, and I can't find any dog crates that are in my price range. And my room isn't big enough for a xpen. But I still need a house for her. I'm thinking of getting a bookshelf of some sort from a secondhand shop to turn into a cage. Because I've recently learnt to not let your bun run free while not under supervision because she will most likely eat your pillow cases and will jump onto your dresser and eat your chargers.

Back