poop... poopy pooooop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thuruz

Reaction score
Well, So I got myself a new made by zen lamp http://www.madebyzen.com/soto

and now I have poop,,, on my bed, on my couch, and ALOT of it :/

I was so glad that after her spaying her toilet habits were perfect.. but yesterday I got myself this aroma humidifier lamp thingie and the poop party began..... :/ my apartment kind of needs the humidifier and I personally like the good smell that comes with it, but miss bunbun says no

you have any tips and tricks for me?

I would suspect it is the new aroma scent that your bunny is protesting and scent marking with her own poop as a result. It doubt it's the humidifying aspect itself that is causing issues, unless it's noisy and that's upsetting her. She may settle down over the next few weeks, but if not, you may need to get rid of it if you don't want her to continue marking 'her' territory.

From my limited experience, I have found the Baron has multiple "territories" that he marks with poop or urine. It is very rare that I find a smelly (overpowering pellets) the smell subsides very quickly, mainly because he eats them. He is not neutered, I don't plan to have him under the knife, unless it is to save his life.

The place he poops the most is his litter box. I keep fresh peat in a simple cardboard box* which I change every other day. I buy a $10 bail of pure (no chemicals added) peat from Home Depot. This lasts a very long time.

Now the other places he claims as his territory is the corner of my bed and a corner of my bedroom under my wardrobe. I kept finding poop and urine in both these places while cleaning. I took it upon myself to bend to his desire and made some changes.

The Baron has his own blanket folded up on his corner of my bed. He now can mark this as his. Although the floor is tiled under my wardrobe, I have an absorbent mat under it. Oddly enough since placing the mat there he hasn't been doing anything in over a month now. I still find the odd poo ball here or there but the box gets 95% of his poop.

*The optimal cardboard box should be large enough for him to lie down. I cut the bottom off at about 4 to 5 inches tall. Then I fill it half full of fresh peat every other day. Attached photo is just before a cleaning. He has hay and gets it all over the place, but I really see he likes to poop in his peat.

Good Luck!

DSCI0941.jpg

What are you diffusing in the lamp? Maybe the oil you are enjoying has some medicinal type power that is not a good one for a bunny. Just a thought.

the oils ive been using so far are just for the good smell. I do own some medicinal oils but I have not used them yet :/

the oils ive been using so far are just for the good smell. I do own some medicinal oils but I have not used them yet :/

Animals respond to smells differently and I assume your rabbit just doesn't like the oder.

I know how you guys feel my bunnies just had babies and there is so much poop to clean up 💩

I know, of all the things that affect my bun the most it's not noise it's smells. If there's the smell of cooking wafting through to his cage he will sit in his sulky place and stay there till i open the windows :p

So, sadly, your bun probably doesn't like the smell.

if I'm cooking then my bun will hide in her house until everything is.. safe... she hates it when I cook

Latest posts

Back