Runny Nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texaschewy

Reaction score
Has anyone had a rabbit with chronic clear nasal discharge that never acted sick? My bun clears her nose several times a day and occasionally has wet nostrils. She doesn't ever have a fever and eats normally and pees and poops as always. I know rabbits can get a URI and can be caused by bacteria and viruses other than Pasteurella. I hate to have to put my bun under anesthesia for a culture and start the antibiotic forever stuff with gut problems and other side effects that come with it, if she has remained the same for months. What are your thoughts ?

Have you tried to see if it could be environmental? Like dusty hay or litter, or a sensitivity to a particular type of hay or litter(try a different type to see if it clears up), or possibly a household chemical or scent?

I have started eliminating certain things in the house like sprays and candles. Hay doesn't seem dusty, but could try a change. Will think on this more and see if I can figure out what might be an allergen.

Latest posts

Back