No Poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
My bunny got fixed 2 days ago, she didnt have and food after 10 or 11pm before surgery so after surgery she refused food for a while till i got some baby food and she only sook a few bites of yesterday she nibbled on hay had pellets, a few leaves of lettuce, a strawberry half, 2-3 treats and has been drinking but only some dark pee in the box and no poop. Im really worried, should i get her to a vet or is this normal!? PLEASE HELP!

Hm, you don't fast rabbits before surgeries, their digestive systems are often too delicate to handle the stress of surgery and not having food running through it.

Start with lots of sopping wet veggies, maybe offer some Critical Care and give your vet or emergency vet a buzz.

Does she seem to be in pain? Lethargic? Does she have diarrhea that is just sticking to her bottom?

Did she get any pain medications after her surgery?
Most rabbit savvy vets won't fast rabbits for more than maybe an hour before surgery. It is physically impossible for them to vomit which is what we worry about with cats and dogs and why we fast them. If she's still not eating now I would try syringe feeding her some critical care if you have it. If not some veggie baby food or soak some pellets into a slurry you can syringe her. When you say she had a few leaves of lettuce, are we talking about big leaves or like little spring mix leaves? If she usually gets greens I would continue to offer her those as she'll be more likely to eat them. As long as she's eating I wouldn't be too concerned about her not pooping, but it definitely sounds like we need to get her eating more.

Calling your vet certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Latest posts

Back