Bunny won't poop in the box anymore

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Reaction score
I got a second rabbit at the start of the month, and she bonded with my first rabbit (male) quite quickly. They are both free-roam buns in a room, but Bramble has stopped pooping in the box. I have two litter boxes for them in different locations of the room, both with hay in them always. Bramble poops in the middle of the floor now, about half a foot from one of the boxes, but he still pees in them. Is he still marking his scent because of the new bun? How long might he do this for? Every time I see a poop on the floor I put it in the box, and every time I see him pooping outside of it I pick him up, put him in, and praise him. What else can I do? He used to have perfect litter box skills.

You rabbit is marking his territory :rabbithop Because of the new bun he is saying what is his, and what the other bun can have. He is pooping by the box so that the rabbit knows, its his box. It will go on for a while until they both learn each others rules and territory. I would try moving the box to where he poops and see if that works. :)

:yeahthat:

And maybe add another box or two for the time being until things settle down so he doesn't feel like they're all claimed by the other bunny.

Bramble (first bunny) is 3 and he's been neutered well over a year and a half. Chummy (new bun) is one and she was spayed in November. He's pooping right in the middle of my floor so I can't really put a box there :( I share the room with them (yay student living! ;) I'll try adding another box. It's Chummys box where he is doing this (it's the litterbox that was in her cage when I first got her and was introducing them. I took away the cage but left the box right where it was. They're both big cat litter pans so it's not like there isn't enough space. It's driving me nuts!

Latest posts

Back