Black spot on my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicaleigh

Reaction score
My bunny is a lion head lop and has blonde fur. Her neck is kind of bald and it has always been. Today I noticed she had a new black spot that was never been there before. It's like it popped up over night! It doesn't feel different then her skin and it doesn't seem to bother her when I pet it. Everything is normal so I'm not that worried but I was wondering if anyone else ever experienced this? View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1422242957.550572.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1422243008.417322.jpg

Hi, I wouldn't worry about it. When Winston molts, he will sometimes get these weird dark patches. If you look really closely, you'll see that it's actually really short hair in a thick, dense patch!

It will go away on its own as she keeps molting!
Lovely looking bun, by the way!

Looks like new fur growth. As long as the skin isn't irritated or flaky, and your bun isn't scratching a lot, it may be fine and the fur should just grow back in. Though if there are signs of irritation you should pop your bun into your vet for a check up.

Latest posts

Back