please help - nose wound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymama91

Reaction score
My poor baby got out of his cage and I found him this morning with his nose torn up I don't know what to do ... There's a really bad snow storm so I can't get to the vet please help me I'm really worried.

0124151321a.jpg

0124151321.jpg

Give it a good cleaning with Antibacterial soap (Hibitane) warm damp cloth and a small dollop of that and clean the wound. Rinse well. Pat dry. Apply small amount of polysporin or similar ointment (nothing with pain control) and keep an eye on it. I cant tell if its a large flap or just scratches. But keeping it clean it a must.

Do you know what happened? Is it a bite wound and was he bit by another animal, or could he have chewed through a wire and it's a burn injury? The important thing is to ensure there is no ongoing bleeding. If there is bleeding that won't stop or it is a deep wound, or the injury is due to an electrical burn from chewing through a wire, he really needs to be seen by a vet right away.

If it's a cut and the bleeding has stopped and it's not too deep, you may be ok and not have to rush to a vet but just get to one as soon as you can. Then you will also need to see if he is still eating, drinking, and pooping normally? Also is he behaving normally or is he acting lethargic, subdued, grinding teeth, or sitting hunched up in a corner not wanting to move?

Last edited:
He's acting like himself and its not bleeding but th er is a flap and he's only a baby about 8 months he seems very unphased by it

Latest posts

Back