New to the world of rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mistletoe

Reaction score
We ended up taking in a rabbit that a friend found under her car last week with a rope around its neck. Since we adopted her during the Christmas season, we names her Mistletoe and call her Misty.

This is all very new to us, I'm basically clueless about rabbits, but I'm sure I'll learn quickly. Our dog wants to mother her and so far the cat thinks she is a toy.

Welcome! Some good info sites to get you started on are rabbit.org, wheekwheekthump, and binkybunny. Post some pictures of Misty and feel free to ask anything. Just be careful about leaving her within reach of the dog and cat, they may not mean to hurt Misty but bunnies are not built to withstand rough play like puppies/kittens, and even a playful swipe of a paw can injure her.

We are keeping her in the cage and for now she is only allowed out if the dog is in her room for safety. I am thinking about making a cube cage with a fence so she has plenty of room but the others can't get to her.

She is a pretty strong bunny though. She lived on her own "in the wild" for a while. She was very scrawny when she was found. Someone had mentioned they saw an ad for a missing bunny a week before, but then the person didn't want her :( We are thinking she was out in the neighborhood for a week all alone. Luckily we haven't had too cold of a winter.

Latest posts

Back