Is my kit blind in one eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopMad

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)
My kits are almost 3 weeks old and I have one kit who looks blind in one eye. His eye looks cloudy and he's little more clumsy than the others. The eye that looks blind opened 2-3 days after everyone else's eyes.
I will post a picture as soon as I can.
The nest box was clean. I cleaned it at 3 days and 10 days and they are now no longer in a nest box.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good you should take care of it... Take it to a vet and be a respectable owner!!

I took him to the vet and the vet said that his eye had ruptured :( she said it could be from an infection or scratch so she gave me eye drops to give him for 10 days. She said its to late to be fixed an we could get the eye taken out but it's risky and expensive. They eye drops are to get rid of the any bacteria that could cause his eye to burst or something later in life.

I'm glad you were able to get some eye drops. I hope they are doing the job and your buns eye is getting better.

Thankyou :) I will for sure. He's going good at the moment and he's acting normal just like he other kits :D

Latest posts

Back