UnTrained Again from Litter!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_TOX

Reaction score
Hello!
So my bunny just had two kits, (one died) before she had the kits, I was trying to teach her to use the litter, It was going okay she peed in there most times and pooped there most times. She started making her nest (I had NO IDEA she was pregnant keep in mind, since I had just gotten her from the shelter a couple days before) She made her nest in the Litter! (I thought it was a false pregnancy) and on the 17th She had her babies. I switched the nest to a box soo it wasn't in all the litter pellets, Since then though she will not use it! I even switched the litter to another area where she has been peeing more. What can I do to re-train her? I was lucky the first time because she automatically used it.

I wouldn't worry about re-training her until her kits are weaned and she is spayed. Unspayed bunnies are in general not litterbox-trainable. She will want and need to mark her territory all around to protect her kits (and future kits).

Yes I did it's like pellets now instead of the bedding, been much better
About kicking it out. She seems to be using the litter box again mostly thank god. Sucks cleaning her cage everyday so it remains sanitary lol. And I'll post the pics on the other thread! The kit has gotten big! I used to fit both in my hand and now it barely fits in my hand lol.

Latest posts

Back