Chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msprz75

Reaction score
Geneviere is chewing more a month after spay than she did before. I got her to stop when I first brought home. I wasn't having that issue anymore. And now.......back at it! Any suggestions??

All bunnies chew. She is just being a normal bun, some like chewing more than others. Give a her appropriate chew toys, untreated wood blocks, even cardboard boxes to get busy with.

Excessive chewing could be a sign of boredom if she doesn't have much toys or time out to run around. Or if her area is cluttered with wires and stuff, bunny housekeeping! Bunnies like a smooth clean living area. In the wild, roots and tubers growing into their burrows get chewed up to keep the area clear. So bunproof your home to keep things you don't want her chewing away.

I supply my bunny with pieces of Willow tree branches about 1inch round and 4 inches long

Alfy likes to chew the table legs every so often. I think it's just because it's wood and it's there and she knows she's not allowed to chew it that she does it!

Latest posts

Back