Urgent. Please, please answer.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asdfg

Reaction score
My sister bought home rabbits, two of them. Without knowing anything about them. Like are they sick? How old are them? Or anything.

So after like 3-4 days, one of the rabbits suddenly kept rolling around like crazy. It's not happy. Like she's about to die or something. When my sister tried to lift her, she felt a huge bump on her side. What wrong with her?

And we can't go to the Vet. We're sooooo far from one.

Do you mean the rabbit is rolling due to head tilt? Where is the lump located? Is the rabbit still eating and drinking on it's own?

This is a rabbit with head tilt, though not rolling in the video. A rabbit's head may be twisted even more due to this illness, to the point that the rabbit starts rolling.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MER1YAwaO70[/ame]

Last edited:
The rabbit couldn't move properly. Can't even drink and eat on her own. I provided a photo where the lump is located.

And yeah.. It kinda looks like that, and she's lying down. After some minutes, she starts rolling around and paddling her hands. She kept doing that.. Seizure?

d.JPG

This rabbit really needs to be seen immediately, by a good rabbit vet if at all possible. Is there no way to get to one?

If the rabbit actually has a lump in the belly region, it could have a tumor, abscess, or can you tell if the belly is just severely distended and bloated from gas? These wouldn't have to do with the head tilt illness, if the rabbit does in fact have head tilt. It's really hard to know what might be going on without a clearer description of what the symptoms are. Is there any way you could get a video of it, or even posting a couple of photos might be helpful in identifying the problem? Did this swollen belly happen suddenly within a day?

This is what a bloated rabbit looks like:

Last edited:
Ma'am, I'd like to thank you for replying to this thread. I appreciate it so so much. But sadly, our rabbit died about 30-40 minutes after I posted this. There was no possible way of getting it to the vet which is an hour and a half away from where we are. I feel so guilty.. She's still a little one.. :(

I'm really sorry for the trouble that I have caused. Thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Back